Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Marketing

In college I studied public relations and marketing, and received a BA in Communications. During my senior year I worked as an unpaid intern at a marketing agency. It was an invaluable experience because of the start-up atmosphere; my job had nothing to do with coffee replenishing, and allowed me to be involved with all the different facets of the company.

After I graduated I was hired on full time and worked my way up to being promoted to Marketing Account Executive. I worked for two years with this agency doing everything from marketing pitches to prospective clients, to web site project management. Mainly, my job was split part-time between web development and managing our biggest marketing account.

My work in web development spanned from conceptualization to production to the site launch. I had a team of designers and programmers that I was responsible for managing and directing. Once the contract was signed, I would work with the client on the design and proper functionality for their needs. After the site was built and populated, I worked with the clients on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns tailored to their budget and needs.

The largest marketing account the company had was for a gym that was suffering financially. Through market research, I developed a marketing plan that was based upon the research findings. We revamped the marketing image to appeal to a different demographic and made the gym profitable within a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment